An attorney's potential exposure to legal malpractice liability is a fact of life in today's legal environment. A complex and evolving set of legal rules and principles govern lawyer liability. Recently, we have seen an influx in the filing of legal malpractice lawsuits. A lawyer alleged to have practiced law below the standard of care needs experienced counsel to defend these often intricate cases. Further, lawyers having a question regarding a current client situation or case should have in his or her arsenal a law firm that has encountered these various issues and can provide knowledgeable and experienced counsel.
Specific Types Of Lawyer Malpractice Cases Handled:
- Negligence: Substantive legal errors, substandard draftsmanship, missed deadlines, litigation errors. We have handled a variety of lawyer malpractice cases alleging negligence on the following underlying matters:
- Business Transactions
- Probate / Estates / Trusts
- Real Estate
- Criminal Defense
- Administrative Law
- Domestic Relations
- Class Actions
- Trademark Infringement
- Product Liability
- Workers' Compensation
- Personal Injury
- Trial Practice
- Litigation Strategy
- Conflict of Interest: Simultaneous representation of conflicting interests, failures to disclose material facts, breaches of fiduciary duty of loyalty.
- Ethical Complaints/Grievances: Both at the local and state level.
- Fraud: Concealing material information, fabrication.
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty: Mishandling client funds, misusing privileged and confidential information, business transactions with clients.
- Negligent Misrepresentation: Erroneous reports or opinions for the guidance of others in business transactions.
Freund, Freeze & Arnold's breadth and depth of experience in the legal malpractice defense field, including negotiated resolutions, pre-suit matters, summary judgments, trials and appeals enables us to competently and confidently defend and counsel Ohio lawyers exposed to legal malpractice claims and/or ethical complaints or discipline. Our lawyers are knowledgeable and empathetic advisers to Ohio lawyers who have been accused of legal malpractice. We represent both insured and self-insured attorneys and law firms and pride ourselves on being particularly successful in getting prior cases dismissed on summary judgment.
If you would like to talk with one of our experienced attorneys, please call us at 877.332.1529 or write to us using our contact form.