Seven Attorneys at Freund, Freeze & Arnold Receive Honor as Best Lawyers in America
Seven shareholders at Freund, Freeze & Arnold have been selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2019. "The Best Lawyers in America" recognizes less than 5% of attorneys across the United States. Rankings are based on peer-reviews in which attorneys rank the professional abilities of their colleagues within the same geographical and legal practice area. First published in 1983, "Best Lawyers" has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence.
- Chris Carrigg was named the 2019 Lawyer of the Year in Dayton for his work in personal injury defense litigation. This honor is given to only a single lawyer in each practice area and community by Best Lawyers, a peer review publication and worldwide attorney ranking service. Lawyer of the Year honorees receive this award based on their extremely high overall peer feedback within specific practice areas. In addition, Mr. Carrigg is listed in the 2019 Best Lawyers in America for insurance law. Mr. Carrigg has defended clients throughout southwest Ohio in state and federal courts and has tried numerous cases to verdict, including claims for wrongful death, first party claims, bad faith, auto accidents, premises liability and products liability claims.
- Neil F. Freund was selected as a Best Lawyer in "Bet-the-Company Litigation," commercial litigation, legal malpractice defense, construction litigation, municipal litigation, real estate litigation, trusts and estates litigation, medical malpractice defense, and personal injury defense litigation. A founder of the firm, Mr. Freund has tried and won hundreds of jury trials in both federal and state courts.
- Stephen V. Freeze was selected as Best Lawyer in the area of personal injury defense litigation. Mr. Freeze has been named a Best Lawyer every year since 2006. He represents clients in business litigation, construction and employment law, insurance and related defense, bad faith, legal malpractice and premises and products liability as well as school law.
- Gordon Arnold was selected as Best Lawyer in the area of personal injury defense litigation. Mr. Arnold has over 40 years of experience in insurance coverage and business litigation, with a particular emphasis in construction cases, bad faith litigation against insurance companies, and insurance coverage for trucking companies.
- Susan Blasik-Miller was named a Best Lawyer in the fields of medical malpractice defense and personal injury defense litigation. As a trial lawyer for 30 years, she has extensive experience defending physicians, hospitals, long term care providers, businesses and employers in a wide variety of cases. She advises business and health care professionals on ways to minimize risk.
- Lindsay M. Johnson was selected as 2019 Best Lawyer in the area of medical malpractice defense. Lindsay has extensive experience defending health care providers, hospitals, physician groups, and nursing facilities in all types of litigation. She also counsels business and healthcare clients concerning risk management matters, including cybersecurity.
- Shannon K. Bockelman was named as 2019 Best Lawyer in the area of medical malpractice defense. With eleven years’ experience, Ms. Bockelman represents clients in medical malpractice cases including emergency, obstetrical, gynecology and surgical care, wrongful death, and traumatic birth injury, as well as long term care facilities.
About Freund, Freeze & Arnold
Freund, Freeze & Arnold, a full-service and leading defense litigation firm, serves its clients with 30 attorneys in three Ohio offices: Dayton, Columbus, and Cincinnati. Founded in 1984, it ranks among the Best Law Firms as identified by Best Lawyers and U.S. News. Freund, Freeze & Arnold serves a growing, loyal base of clients with innovative thinking and in-depth understanding of complex legal issues.