Neil has extensive trial experience in all areas of the law, including commercial and business cases, catastrophic personal injury cases, death cases, professional malpractice, civil rights cases, products liability defense, employment law cases, and white collar criminal matters.
Neil has tried and won hundreds of jury trials in all of these practice areas in both state and federal courts.
Neil is a founding partner of Freund, Freeze and Arnold. He also serves as an officer and trustee for various state organizations. In addition, Neil has participated in multiple trial practice seminars with many nationally known lawyers, has taught in NITA programs, and participated in continuing educational programs both in Ohio and surrounding states.
Neil has been named Ohio Super Lawyer for 2004 through 2016, a list jointly prepared by Law & Politics Magazine and Cincinnati Magazine. In addition, Neil has also been named Top 100 Ohio Super Lawyer for 2004 through 2016.
Neil is married with a son and a daughter. His daughter is also an attorney working in Columbus.
Neil sits on non-profit boards of trustees including the Victoria Theatre Association and the Dayton Art Institute.
- Ohio Northern University School of Law J.D., 1970 (Moot Court, 1969-70)
- University of Dayton B.A., 1967
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Ohio Super Lawyer, 2004-16
- Top 10 Ohio Super Lawyer, 2005-12
- Top 100 Ohio Super Lawyers, 2004-2016
- Top 50 Cincinnati Super Lawyers, 2009-2016
- Best Lawyers in America, 1993-16
- Best Lawyers in America - Dayton Bet-the-Company Litigation 2011
- Best Lawyers, "Lawyer of the Year", Dayton Litigation - Real Estate, 2013
- Best Lawyers, "Lawyer of the Year", Dayton Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants, 2014
- Honorary Alumnus, Dayton School of Law
- Top 500 Lawyers in America by LawDragon Magazine, 2007-11
- 2005 Michael F. Colley Award, Ohio Chapter, American Board of Trial Advocates
- Martindale Hubbell, AV rating
- American College of Trial Lawyers (Fellow)
- International Society of Barristers
- Ohio Association of Civil Trial Attorneys (President 1992-93)
- Ohio Chapter, American Board of Trial Advocates (President 1994-96)
- Dayton Bar Association (President 1985-86)
- Litigation Counsel of America (Fellow)
Char K. Allison
Phone: 937.222.2424, Ext. 127
Rebecca J. Mark, RN
Phone: 937.222.2424, Ext. 177
Claude B. Bauer, RN
Phone: 937.222.2424, Ext. 142
Phone: 937.222.2424, Ext. 138
Carol S. Seitz
Phone: 937.222.2424, Ext. 119
Phone: 937.222.2424, Ext. 126