Stephen V. Freeze, a native of Dayton, Ohio, is a founding shareholder at the law firm of Freund, Freeze & Arnold, started in 1984. Freund, Freeze & Arnold is a litigation firm with offices in Dayton, Cincinnati and Columbus Ohio. Steve's practice focus includes the areas of bad faith, business litigation, construction and employment law, insurance and related defense, legal malpractice and premises and products liability as well as school law.
Steve graduated as the class valedictorian with an undergraduate degree in Economics from Saint Joseph’s College, continuing on to law school at Case Western Reserve University. He is a member of the Ohio Association of Civil Trial Attorneys (OACTA), where he served as president from 2005-2006. In the fall of 2013, Steve received the Distinguished Contributions to the Profession Award from the OACTA. Steve continues to be a member of the Ohio Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates. He holds membership in the Dayton Bar Association and the Ohio State Bar Association.
Steve was named as an Ohio "Super Lawyer" for the years 2005 through 2017, a list jointly prepared by Law & Politics and Cincinnati Magazines. He was also named as one of the "Best Lawyers in America" for the years 2006 through 2017.
Born and raised in Dayton, Steve continues to be devoted to the Dayton community. He enjoys spending time with his wife, 3 grown children, and one granddaughter, and community activities.
Steve has proudly served on the Board of Trustees for Think TV and CET public television stations for Dayton and Cincinnati since 2010. Steve was appointed by the Ohio House of Representatives to serve on the Ohio Broadcast Educational Media Commission (BEMC) in 2013 and continues to serve as a commissioner. He was the Volunteer Chair for the Great TV Auction of Think TV in 2010 and 2011. He was the Volunteer Chair in Dayton for the American Heart Association Heart Walk in 2010. Steve recently accepted the firm's recognition for 2011 Governor's Award for Business Support of the Arts, the first law firm to receive the distinction.
Steve can also be seen at University of Dayton Flyer basketball games or rooting for his favorite football teams, the Ohio State Buckeyes and Cleveland Browns. For relaxation and recreation, jogging is Steve's favorite thing to do.
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law J.D., 1974
- Saint Joseph's College (B.Sc., Economics, 1971 Class Valedictorian and summa cum laude)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Ohio Super Lawyer, 2005-16
- Best Lawyers in America, 2006-16
- LawDragon Magazine Top 3000 Lawyers, 2011
- Golden Gavel Award, Westfield Companies, 2011
- 2013 OACTA Distinguished Contributions to the Profession Award
- Martindale Hubbell, AV rating
- Ohio Association of Civil Trial Attorneys (President, 2005 - 2006)
- Dayton Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Ohio Broadcast Educational Media Commission